Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Surgery scheduled

Just got the word. Surgery is scheduled for 9:30 am tomorrow morning. I will stay in the hospital over night and should be back the next morning if all goes well. Thanks to my mom and dad who drove down again from Salt Lake yesterday to be with me and thanks to everyone for their prayers. I also just heard from Dr. Barton and he said the "echo" looked ok and cleared the way on everything else.... so away we go. If all goes well this will be a quick fix and I won't choke any more and possibly be able to talk again. That will be great to talk again for the first time after 6 months.

As I go into this surgery, I have to admit that I have thought long and hard about the past few months and how my life has changed. Many have made mention of the fact that they are impressed with my attitude. I have also told many of you that have come to visit that I never imagined I would react this way to this kind of news (of having cancer). No it has not been easy. Yes, I have had hard times when I felt I could not go on (especially that first chemo treatment), but through it all, my testimony of my Savior, and now my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father, has given me the strength and ability to endure through these hard times and made it possible for me to have the attitude that you all say I have. Really though, it doesn't change anything if you become bitter other than make you more miserable. And I would prefer to not be miserable. Also, my angel wife has been there every step of the way which has helped me in so many ways, but especially in my attitude (well I almost think what she has done for me physically is even greater). I will never be able to repay her for what she has done but I will just try and love her like she deserves.

So to all of you who read this blog for the feelings I might let slip through, there are a few... ( I had someone joke that they just look at my blog for the pictures.....I liked that one... it made me laugh). As for those that are just after the update, I put it first. For every one else, please accept my testimony and I am announcing that my new (sort of long range) goal is to be in Salt Lake at my sister Holly's home coming from their Mission Presidency (hope that doesn't make them "trunky". My new (short range goal) is to come up to Salt Lake in February for a huge get together with my family and friends. So you can tell I haven't given up at all. I am still fighting this thing and if it be God's will, I will endure a while longer. If it isn't his will then I will accept whatever he wants me to do. In the meantime I am just so grateful for my second chances with my family. I thank him daily for that.

1 comment:

GobbyFriend said...

good luck, I hope all goes well.