Thursday, January 22, 2009

Continued update

It is now 6:00 am the day after surgery. My blood sugar count shot sky high after surgery (not sure why) but with insulin every couple of hours we got it back down through the night. All the other vital signs seemed to be good and I think they will run the blood thinning test first thing to check that this morning and if all goes well, I should be able to go home fairly quickly. For those of you that have checked out of a hospital, you know I am saying that with the old proverbial "tongue-in-cheek". I did actually get a couple of hours sleep in between test and pokes and walks last night so I am feeling fairly good this morning. I am sure when I get home, I will be pretty tired and need a good nap today, but I am so pleased with the way things went. The nurses were great again (trying to get their picture too this morning, but Katie took her stuffed animal doggie home when they came to visit so it will have to just be the nurses if I can get them to come in for a picture).

It appears to have been successful as could be at this point, and they will monitor it for a while and see if they got the right amount of injection (meaning that they pushed it over far enough) and if they did, I will have my voice back for a while. They warned this may not fix everything permanently, but it will be great as long as it does. I ate dinner last night and didn't even choke once or feel like the water was going to go down the wrong place at all. So that part seems to have been fixed with the voice as predicted. Time will tell I guess.

More updates later (with pictures for Gary B. .... he said he just reads the blogs for the pictures.....lol .... but I think he was referring to his kids blogs and pictures of his grandkids)

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Jim:

As always, I enjoy your words of wisdom and inspiration. You have an amazing attitude and strengthen my testimony as I read about your spiritual experiences. You indicate you and Julie are going to try to come to Salt Lake in February. Let us know when you are coming. Dave and I would love time to visit with you and Julie.

Have a great day.
Joyce

Gary & Kolleen Bolingbroke said...

Yep... Pictures would be nice! My biggest concern now is that next time we golf, you will not be a "silent partner". It was soooo peaceful last week :)

Anonymous said...

It's Zach. I'm glad the surgery was a success. But, I didn't get you those laffy taffy jokes. I don't send them because they're funny. I send them because many times we'll say "Ha... ha... that was stupid" and then spend the next couple minutes figuring out why it was submitted, and making fun of it. So, stand by.

Anonymous said...

How do you mend a broken jack o' lantern? -- with a pumpkin patch.

what do you call a lease of false teeth? -- a dental rental

Where did the kittens go on the class trip -- to the meow-seum.

What goes tick-tock, woof-woof? -- a watchdog

What did the art dealer say when a man asked what a picture was supposed to be? -- a reflection of you.

what did the girl sea say when the boy sea asked her for a date? -- shore

What falls down but never gets hurt? -- snow

What kind of brush do you use to comb a bee's hair? -- a honey comb

How do you get a peanut to laugh? -- you crack it up

Who greets you at a haunted house? -- a host ghost

Why did the farmer bury all his money? -- to make his soil rich

Where can you find an ocean without water? -- on a map

Anonymous said...

Ha... ha... those were real knee slappers. ha... ha... How do you make a laffy taffy funny?