Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pictures as promised

I love visitors on my "good" weeks.....

As promised a few more pictures of my visitors and then I get to brag about my son. First thanks so much to Lee and Sharon Westover who dropped in at the same time as I was visiting with another good friend from High School.

We all had a very good visit and I am really going to rely on Sharon and her experience in caring for cancer patients. I know the Lord has prepared her as she has been able to help several families in related situations. Now, you could say it was "coincidence" that we happened to have our kids set us up on facebook and then we happened to find each other and then she happened to have first hand experience in supporting and caring for friends with cancer. You could say that if you wanted and hadn't read my last blog entry, but you won't find me saying it. Thank you Lord for sending my friends to me when I need them.

And I need to apologize to Brian. I thought I had told him about this whole thing (after all he is my car insurance guy) but when he called yesterday to say he was down in St. George and wondered if I wanted to go golfing, I realized I was going to have to apologize a lot. So again Brian, I apologize. I felt bad when I told him and kind of ruined his weekend but thanks for coming over to visit (even if we couldn't get out golfing - Lee or Gary will fill in for me I'm sure).

JUSTIN:
Now about my son........ he is so good. From the picture you can see he is first chair in the cello. While that is neat at first glance, you need to understand, he is in 9th grade and this is the "All County Honors orchestra" performance. He also plays with the High School orchestra and is first chair there too. I was so happy to be there last night and that the Lord gave me the strength to stay for the whole thing. I just love hearing him play and he is such a cool kid.


Thanks Justin for the great night of music. I am truly, truly blessed to have a second chance and make up for all the performances and things I missed last year when I was in Rapid City away from my family. You never realize how much it means until it is taken away (as they say) and I was able to have a second chance. Not many people do.


I made it to the very end and even got a picture after with me and my boys....... yahoo. Now it is back to bed and recover....lol.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I am so glad to see that you were able to make it through the concert. I worried all night that we had exhausted you! It was wonderful to visit with you. Rest assured you will be hearing from me often!

Holly Peterson said...

Justin ~ incredible. Very impressed! Jim glad that you could be there for it.

Judy said...

Wow Justin! You sounded great...I could tell. I'm very impressed - Mr. Firstchair!!! Way to go. - Aunt Judy

Oh, hey!!! Sharon Westover? The Sharon I met while judging the Davis County Jr. Miss Pageant in Bountiful a couple of years ago?? Is that you??? You are one of the angels helping my brother and sister-in-law!!?? Oh my goodness?!!