Thursday, January 1, 2009

Party continued

NEW YEAR'S DAY PARTY TRADITION continues....... 15 years... but this time only one TV instead of 3......lol


Yep I made it all day even till the end of the Rose bowl (maybe that wasn't worth it). There were tons of people and lots of food. After years of doing this, I guess it is just something that I have to do to be happy. Uncle Lou and my Dad got the little smokies and meatballs, mom made a special spinach salad, Aunt Emily through some veggie together and some fruit salads. And I made my famous sausage dip. Lots and lots of candy and left over Christmas junk food. It was great. Some of them played games and one of Uncle Lou's boys, Eric, came over and watched the games with us for a while. Now we are resting up to get ready for Utah's game tomorrow. It might take me all day too...lol..

My good buddy Zane drove all the way down from Logan today to join us.....

The game playing crew....


Uncle Lou who let us crash his place.....

My Dad got worn out just watching.....lol

Me and Josh (he decided to play computer games instead so he just dropped by for a bit)....



You know sometimes you think some things are coincidental, but the way that all the pieces fell into place so that this party came together including the fact the weather cleared up so my parents could come down, was certainly beyond coincidence in my mind.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Sounds great Jim! I wish I'd have watched football with you instead of painting all day...SOOO glad you kept your tradition going. Go UTES tomorrow!

Holly Peterson said...

Ohio kept the tradition going too! Only one tv. But thought of you!

How 'bout them UTES!! wow!