Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Graitude

I know that a lot of times when you single out individuals and express gratitude, you run the risk of not mentioning someone that you should. But with a pre-emptive apology to those that may find themselves in that situation (not mentioned here) I do have to express our gratitude to a few individuals because of their focus on my wife. In particular, the women in the Relief Society. They have been incredibly supportive of my wife and like I mentioned before, she does not get the same focus because most of the time the focus is on me. But the RS presidency have been there for her whenever needed. Beyond that, Julie is extrememly blessed (and by extension so am I) to have sweet Marsha as her VT companion. I can not say enough how much we appreciate everything she has done for Julie and our family. Marsha is one of those spiritually gifted and inspired people who just show up when needed everytime. When Julie is struggling with anything, Marsha show up at the door with a plant or a candle or some little "lift me up" gift that is just what she (or even I) need.

In fact I will be wrapped up in my "now famous" UofU blanket Friday night thanks to Marsha's quilt making efforts. The day of the TCU game, she somehow found out about my UofU support need and just went out, made the quilt and delivered it in time for the game. That "blankie" now goes everywhere with me. That was only a start and I wanted to let her know (as well as everyone else that has done those "little" things) how much we appreciated your efforts in a "big" way. She also monitored it very closely to make sure our Christmas was as perfect as could be and she made sure Santa was aware of our needs and fulfilled them.

We have angels on the other side of the veil waiting until we need them, but we have even more angels like Marsha on this side of the veil who aren't waiting to be asked. There are many others like Marsha, and I apologize for not being able to share all the miracles and experiences (on this blog) from you all, but know that we love you for it and I pray that your rewards will come in a way that you recognize the good things that come from your service.

Thank you to everyone for your love prayers and acts of service and kindness.

3 comments:

DavidFaerber said...

Yo Jim:

Glad to know about the blog. Hope you have a fantastic New Year's with lots of food, family, and football.

I am going to make your famous sausage chip dip today. Thinking about you alot lately.

Love,

Dave

Julie Cook said...

We do have lots of angels! Thanks Marsha, and also so many others, for all your love and support!

Julie

Judy said...

Every new entry I read I say "Oh, this is the best one yet...this one is my favorite; the "give me good goosebumps" type! But this latest one is just the best! Heaven bless the wonderful person that is Marsha. Today I was thinking about you (J & J) and I was thinking about Julie, especially. I wondered how she is doing and if people are looking after her too. Just as you say, Jim, most of the focus is on you - but the burden is something that you are both bearing equally and Julie needs support and "lifting" as well. When I was reading this entry I thought, of course! There is always VT-ing for the sisters. This is exactly what it is designed for. Whether it's your VT partner, or your VT-ers. We women have to stick togther for each other. I also understand that Theresa (sp?) has always been such a dear friend to Julie. Anyway - all this rambling on to say that I am so happy to know (after worrying about her today) that Julie has angels round about her to bear her up as well! Love and blessings to you both.