Thursday, January 1, 2009

Almost forgot New Years' Eve update

I almost forgot to share the other side of my New Year's eve experience. We tried to wake our sleeping kids up for midnight (was never gonna happen) and then just watched the "time square ball" drop. I got out of my chair, walked over to my wife and gave her a totally welcome hug and then one of the sweetest kisses I have ever experienced. Then we started dancing slowly with the T.V. people while they played the traditional "Auld Lang Sine" sp?. I have never ever thought I would experience an emotional New Year's Eve. Usually I am partying hearty, I find my wife, a quick kiss and bang some pans and right back to partying. But last night, I all of a sudden realized that Heavenly Father had allowed me one more second chance. I had set a goal to "live" until 2009 (I realize it is only because God is allowing it) and I had just reached it. Yes, I started bawling like a baby again. I tried to minimize this breakdown to just a few minutes.

Then we stepped out the front door with my UofU blankie wrapped around us and watched the St. George fireworks (we could just see the tops of them over the beautiful red cliffs in front of our house when they went off and it was really fun). Then we went in and went to bed and I prayed another very sincere personal prayer of gratitude after Julie drifted off to sleep.

No comments: