Monday, December 15, 2008

Scan results

While driving to the doctor's, we were in the middle of a snow storm and it was cold and gloomy. I thought this had better not be an indication of the news and luckily it was not.....

Went to the doctor Te's office for the results. He is pleased from a doctor's point of view. I should be too (and I am) but I had allowed myself to get hopeful that he would say "hmm where did all the cancer go.... it is all gone?". Guess what he didn't say that.... darn it. The areas that were prevalent in the last scan all showed "no uptake" which meant that their choice of chemo had stopped all cancer growth in those areas (and they did not identify any new areas) that had been a concern. This is actually incredibly good news and I am pleased to a point but it was unfortunate that I allowed my hopes to get so high (little let down now).

Where from here? The best course of action with these results (unfortunately) is three more treatments and a scan.... (I smell a pattern coming on....lol). So while it is not the "miracle" we all look for in these situations (right fellow cancer people), it is actually a miracle for me that it stopped the growth. We may not ever get rid of it (so the medical doctors warn) but at least I have had some success for which I am truly truly thankful.

I will write more later when I have had time to get used to the news, but I wanted all of you to know as soon as I could.

We have an inch of snow on our front lawn. This is supposed to be St. George folks.... come on.....

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Ok, so I am thinking that this is GOOD news that there is no new cancer growth...I know that we were hoping for the where did all the cancer go, but hey...it is GOOD news! Oh, so so sorry for the snow at your house...we have 7 inches here! :) I know, this is Sandy, that is St. George. Keep your spirits up Jim--love ya--

Anonymous said...

it is so hard not to get our hopes up for a miracle when we go to get results. but at the same time hope is what keeps us going and continuing to do chemo, surgery, and the things we know that can bring us those miracles!

josh and i are happy for your your news. that is good news!