Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday morning thoughts

First let me say that I had another miracle last night. For the first time in months, I was blessed with a decent night's sleep. I used to take that for granted but now (as many other people have expressed) a good night's sleep is something that used to be but a memory and something I wished I could experience once again. Amongst my many prayers for health and blessings I have been praying for, several included that request for a good night's sleep and I am grateful for it like I never thought I would be. To me another small miracle that most take for granted. I have had many share with me directly their similar night time difficulties and I hope that someday the Lord will bless them with some relief. But thank you Lord for mine.

Again friends have brought some wonderful experiences into my life that I never thought I would be a part of and I only want to share a few thoughts about some of them and due to the sacred nature of some experiences I won't go into detail, but I want to share some thoughts that I have this morning because of them. I have been praying a lot to try and find out what the purpose of my being given a second chance here on earth is and what purpose the Lord has for me. I obviously am well aware of my "family" opportunities and if that is the main purpose it is enough for me. To have a chance to experience the past 4 months in the manner that I have with them (family) is something that one special friend from high school I talked with (facebook) yesterday at length would have given anything to have had with his wife before she passed from cancer as well. I learned again how blessed I am to have been given this time.

I hope I help many people learn to refocus back on what is truly important. You often hear people do that little saying "if you were told you had 6 months to live what would you do?". I hope that after reading my words, some are encouraged to think on how they can be more with their family and friends, building memories and strengthening relationships. From someone who has been given (to a degree) that very real life opportunity, I assure the important things I used to focus on before mean little or nothing. As I re-read what I have written here, I realize that this great blessing of time is a miracle that even as I was going through it I didn't realize exactly how valuable it was (many of you did and told me so) but I am now even more grateful as I re-read some of my entries.

I guess this is a new year's reflection time for me and I could just shout out loud, Thank you Lord for allowing me to be here in the new year. I actually did that somewhat in my prayers this morning. So now I am reflecting on what now, and I would be curious to know what others think as well. What would you do? I think I have shared enough personal insight into my life at this point to ask this. What should I do? I know it is a bit off the norm but I am curious if anyone wants to share (either here in the comments or to my e-mail) what your thoughts are. I am not the kind of person that can sit here now and say that is enough (although family is the central focus), I believe that the Lord wants me doing more as well. If anyone gets a chance, I would love to hear your thoughts on any of this.

Again I wanted to express my appreciation to my friends, my parents, Uncle Lou and aunt Emily, and family that joined me on my week of football enjoyment. Again family memories that mean so much. I am trying to make the most of everyday and that week will certainly be memories that we all will take with us I know.

I also thank my Heavenly Father for my time again. After my talk yesterday with Hal G. (thank you again Hal) I realized how important my extra time is and I am so grateful for it. Everyday is a miracle and a blessing that I am so appreciative of. Thanks to each of you for also your prayers that I know have been a good part of the reason I am being blessed so much.

No comments: