Thursday, January 8, 2009

I had no idea

I have heard from a few people that they look forward to anything I write and I don't understand it, but I have been asked to keep sharing my thoughts no matter what I think about them so I will.

I had a follow up to the chair from yesterday. I sat in the same chair as yesterday and had a good thought strike me. Last night I made a change to my physical situation that made it possible for me to rock in the chair instead of just sitting in it. Without going into details I can get up and down now without triggering a massive spasm. So I enjoyed rocking in the chair this morning and I had a thought as the sun came up over the mountain today. Many people are like the chair. They have purpose they are meant to fulfill. We sometimes (for various reasons) don't allow them to achieve their full purpose. It isn't always on purpose (I never tried to "not rock") but when we don't allow people to fulfill their roles or desires to help or comfort us it hurts them too. Lots of people want to "do" things for me (us) and they really could give us lots of comfort and help, but occasionally our (my) pride prevents me from appreciating or allowing them to do all they can do (like rocking). I was so much happier this morning and enjoyed the view more and just basically had a better outlook on life simply because I was able to let the rocking chair fulfill it's true purpose and "rock me". Now the chair did not care one way or another, neither did it change at all from yesterday to today, but people do. I have not allowed some people to fulfill their purpose when they wanted to help or offer comfort and if you felt that from me I apologize. If anyone wants to try again I promise I will try harder next time and let you "fulfill your purpose".......lol.

Can't wait to "rock on" tomorrow........

This one was special for you Brooke (grin)

5 comments:

Myrna said...

ok...whew...that was DEEP! :)

LSnow said...

great insight and reminder to us all!

Brooke said...

Thanks!!! I love the chair analogy. I am going to try to think of away to tie that into a church talk or class discussion sometime! :-) You make me smile! Rock on!!!

Judy said...

No, wait....THAT one was my favorite. Love the analogy! Jim, YOU ROCK!!!

Unknown said...

Very well said! It's the same thing I learned through our family's bouts with cancer. Thanks so much for haring your insights! Hal