Thursday, January 29, 2009

Change in chemo schedule

Well I have been lucky till now, but it was probably bound to happen. Dr. Te always schedules a checkup with blood test and everything the day before a scheduled chemo treatment. We now have a first - hand experience of why he does this. C0mbining the results of the tests they did in the ER last Sunday and the results of the lab tests from yesterday we were able to avoid a situation that could have been pretty serious. It turns out that I have developed a urinary infection that should be able to be resolved soon. Until it is, since chemo pretty much kills the anti-bodies in my body that fight these infections, it isn't very smart to start the chemo treatment until after we get rid of the infection.

So although I am not real pleased with the delay, I am glad that processes are in place that ensure my best chances of surviving this course of action (chemo), and in fact I should be (and I am) grateful to the Lord for the fact that the course of events this past week led everyone to be alerted to a potentially dangerous circumstance and take the right course of action.

So I don't know for sure when it will be but as of right now, they have me scheduled for (now Wed) so let's hope I am better by then.

Shout out to my Uncle John making it back safe on his long trip. Hope we can find time to get the scoop from you.

2 comments:

John said...

Hi pal. Hope to be able to tell about my trip this weekend. Pretty crazy here. So glad you are okay and hope your infection is cleared up soon. Thanks for the shout out.

Myrna said...

Oh my gosh!! Can there be anything else for you to endure??? UTI's aren't fun...sending lots of prayers for a speedy recovery from that so we can get on with the game plan! Glad that the Lord continues to watch over you--