Thursday, December 11, 2008

A beautiful day in St. George

It is absolutely beautiful here in St. George today.

For the past few weeks, I have been able to drive Justin to school in the morning. It is only a 15 minute drive, but the important part is that I have been able to do it without my oxygen and I feel like my lungs are getting stronger. I also went for a little walk around our circle with my wife today without the oxygen or the walker. It is amazing how these little things mean so much now. It seems like a small thing but to me now these are minor victories.

It has been hard to watch my wife and kids cleaning up the leaves and yard and not being able to do it myself. It was always therapy for me to do yard work and now that I can't it hurts. But I am trying to do the best thing to get my body better.

Tired, but feeling good......

2 comments:

Myrna said...

So, so, so happy to hear that you are getting out and about! LOL!! Ok, so out an somewhat about. Good for you! I'm praying along with the countless others that you continue to improve daily!! Love you guys!!

Unknown said...

It was so good to catch up with you, my dear friend. Seems like the days of stomping through the snow and ice of Montreal were a lifetime ago ... which, of course, they were. But what a ride it has been! Keep fighting ... and know that your support team has just expanded to the east coast!