Saturday, October 11, 2008

Back to emergency room (part 2)

Sat Oct 11th By night time, I couldn’t take it anymore and felt like I was again unable to make it through the night. Due to the comments the doctor made from the last one (“if you hadn’t come in you would not have made it through the night”) I was not going to take any chances and I really felt that it was a strong prompting from the Lord to go back. I actually had been being prompted all day but it takes me longer than some to recognize the spirit sometimes. They decided at the E.R. that I was bad enough and dehydrated enough to warrant checking me in again. This time it (the check in) was much more controlled but still not fun. I did feel a little better about being monitored by their equipment. Somewhere through the night I mentioned to the nurse that I had started having a little bit of a hard time emptying my bladder. I had not had any real pain per se, but I had start going to the bathroom a lot more often and when I went it didn’t seem like I was getting as much out. She picked up on that and had them come up and check me out. After a couple trial “bladder emptyings”, they concluded something was wrong and needed to do a catheter sooner than later (even though it was in the middle of the night). It was very miserable (my first one but eventually I end up with several more) and they had a hard time getting it in (won’t ever forget that). Once it was in, they drained over 800 ml of fluid in just a few minutes. So again I realized that the Lord was helping me with another miracle. I don’t know if it would be as “fatal” of an issue but technically if we had not taken care of it, it could have been very bad for me and Julie would never have know what to do at home.

No comments: