Friday, February 27, 2009

Little by Little

Well it seems to be true. Every day I get feeling better and better. Yesterday, we went to a spa place where Julie and Katie played tennis and I watched. It was good to get out and then we went to the hottub and I actually put my feet in and it felt so good. One of the side effects of both chemo and diabetes is you can lose some of the feeling in your feet and so since I have both, it is a for sure thing that my feet are always tingling and feel cold. Most of the time it feels like I have hundreds of tiny needles pushing up from the bottom and when I walk it makes it even worse. Anyway, the hottub helped take some of the needles away so I think I will try and go as often as I can with them. It helped Julie feel better too. We had a good time all together. Katie even met a new friend in the hottub. A girl that knew a little sign language and tried to sign with her. After a few minutes, we found out she was Justin's drama teacher at the middle school. What a small world.

Today I am resting as much as I can to get ready for Josh's concert tonight. I really want to see it. So we are praying hard for some extra strength for tonight. I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jani said...

I think I know that drama teacher. Is her name Annie Rogers (she's married now - - - I can't remember her married name)? She was one of our carolers and a very talented young woman! Katie was lucky to meet her and would be even more lucky if she could take a class from her when she gets into middle school.

pres. jensen

Jim Cook said...

Yes that is her. She talked about the group she sang with a couple of years ago and I was actually there in the branch when they performed that year. You guys were good and she hasn't lost all of her signing but was a bit rusty. She was there at the gym again tonight when we went. Justin says she is a good drama coach and he likes her. She does seem to be talented.