Friday, January 16, 2009

Yippee .....more visitors

The Furners......

Today was very very special. This morning, one of my life long, very very special friends brought his family over and we had a tremendous visit. I found that Dan and his beautiful wife Susan (she hasn't changed a bit) have raised some wonderful kids who were very interested in our spiritual discussion as well as pretended to be interested in my "ramblings on" about myself (and those who know me, know that is my favorite subject). I really think his kids are great and I am so glad I got to know them (at least the 3 he brought). Libby, Catie, and now I will forever be mad at his boy (Sam) because he let me play with his I-phone and I want one bad....... Dan why did you tell him to go get it......lol.....now I am focused on figuring out how to get one. I think I will set up a fund at Zions bank that people can contribute to to help with my obsession..... I mean my medical stuff.... I mean.... well.... i will let you know what I work out. (Sorry if I didn't get the kid's names right)

I sure do appreciate Dan's friendship. We grew up together since I moved to Murray in the 6th grade. He was the best friend anyone could ever have asked for. He lived across the street but was a year younger in school. That never stopped us from developing a lifelong bond and even now I feel a closeness with him that I know will last way beyond this life. And his sweet wife is just as special. I know that the Lord will bless them because they are trying so hard to do hiswill as well. And thanks Susan for the uplifting story as well. They got us some lunch and his boy is a man after my own heart and jumped all over my suggestion of Cafe Rio. We sat out back in the beautiful St. George sunshine (about 55 degrees today) and had a great visit outdoors as well. I love it here in St. George (as I have mentioned) and this reminded me of at least one more reason why I am glad the Lord knows the bigger picture, didn't sell our house, and am happy to submit my will to his.

Anyway Dan and I have many many great memories of our childhood. In fact his wife referred to the stories she has heard of our childhood, as "our version of Camelot" and indeed looking back there were times where we had our Lancelots and Guniveres, our knights and tons of lovely maidens...... So the question I pose to you all that were there...... Who was King Aurthur?

Anyway thanks for fantastic visit. I sure love you guys too and I appreciated the visit more than I can express......

2 comments:

Judy said...

I believe Bishop Hal Erickson would like to think that he was King Arthur!

Anonymous said...

Dude... we played power rangers. I was always the Black ranger. He was my favorite. Ha ha. Anyway, great pictures. Wish I was there too. I hate the cold. It's miserable. 55 degrees sounds like heaven to me.