Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Temple recommend in hospital

Wed Oct 15th Had a most incredibly spiritual experience today. As promised at 7:00 pm. the bishop from the hearing ward (Bishop Hurst) and one of the Stake Presidency came to my hospital room and gave me a temple recommend interview that I will never forget. I was sitting on the edge of my bed in my hospital gown and they sat on the little couch in the room and talked to me about my situation for a minute. Bishop Hurst has some insight into my situation as he just finished chemo and cancer treatment recently as well, and he knows Julie and Justin real well too. He made the comment to the councilor (can’t remember his name) that he truly felt I was ready to go to the temple if anyone was. I agreed with him as I had been so close to the veil several times and had been the recipient of many miracles and spiritual experiences. Bishop Hurst asked me the first few questions and then the Stake President asked me the rest. When he asked me if I felt worthy to go to the temple I replied “More than I ever have in my life” and it was true.

No comments: