Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I will try and update...good news bad news again...lol

HERE IS THE UPDATE:

The bad news was that drain was unable to be fixed so they had to replace it.
The good news was that the radiology dept at the hospital (who were the ones that put it in) could squeeze me in at the end of the day for surgery.
The bad news was that they also squeezed in few more before me too,
The good news was that we only missed one apt
The bad news was that it was a follow up with Dr. Richards on the radiation.
The good news was that they finally got me into the room in radiology where they did the surgery and they were not going to put me under.
The bad news was ....... they were not going to put me under....lol
The good news was that the local anesthetics they gave me made me forget a lot anyway
The bad news was that it did not make me forget that the doctor was not gentle with me (I remember well the pain, but somehow didn't care at the time (enough drugs can do that I guess).
The good news was that I got to go home after about 3 hours or so of monitoring.
The bad news was as soon as I got home I could tell the medication was wearing off and quickly remembered exactly where the doctor was "not gentle".
The good news is that I have lots of drugs to help mitigate the pain.
The bad news is.... I had to use a lot of it at 3:00 in the morning.
The good news is, it worked so far.

Now the question is "Am I still going to be ready for chemo on Wed (I guess that is tomorrow). More tests today will tell us the answer to that one. Also, after a good discussion with the doctors and nurses at Radiology, we understand a whole lot more about this particular drain system and feel really good about the decision to use it. Also when they did drain the fluid that had built up in my lung cavity area, it ended up being about half of the amount that we anticipated. That is good too.

I will discuss more later about the drain tube, but I know a lot of people were wondering about the surgery so I tried to get it out there as quick as I could and now I need to try and let the drugs work and help me sleep (if I can).

Have a great "5 magic moment" day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you for the update. I was worried all day long when I didn't hear from you. Keep me posted