Thursday, February 5, 2009

Grandma Cook

I mentioned my Grandma the other day in one of my posts. I wanted to say hi to her again and tell you a little bit about her. Grandma is 95 years young. She was always fun to visit because we knew where she kept the fig newtons hidden in the drawer in the kitchen. She always likes to brag about her posterity so I collected it so I could brag for her. Here is the latest count.
Children- 6
Grandchildren - 28 (I fit in here)
Great GrandCh- 94
Gr. Gr. Grandch - 23

For a total of ...... 151 immediate posterity.

She is awesome and a great inspiration to me. Thanks grandma.
(By the way to my relatives, she has Aunt Margie read the blog to her so say hi if you want.)

2 comments:

John said...

Hi Jim. Finally go to catch up on your tough past few days. Nice to read about your Grandma Cook. I never knew what it was like to have a Grandma, but sure loved Aunt Myrtle like a Grandma.

Speaking of Grandmas, I'm sure my Mom is looking down and wishing she could take your pain away. She got to know pain a lot before she was called home. I sure miss her and Aunt Myrtle.

In Rexburg working and visiting my boys and Jenni. Take care and know I love you and your siblings too...ya'll were my second set of brothers and sisters.

Judy said...

I agree with Jim - Grandma & Grandpa Cook are wonderful people. I miss Grandpa Cook. Their house was full of fun treasures like- a huge bookshelf in the front entry full of fabulous books for readers of all ages, grandma's beautiful collection of paper and lace fans in those glass cases. Their yard was heaven for young children! Great climbing trees, the old swing set, apple and pear trees to snack on in the fall, and who can forget all of grandpa's cats! Good times.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Jim!