Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sorry it has been a while

I apologize for the delay. I have been getting out a lot and doing some things that are good for I think, but they really wear me out. I also am having a real hard struggle emotionally. I talked to Josh Haycock about it a little and he said it is normal. Well since I have never been considered normal in my life, I was hoping to bypass that. But no....I get a full on dose of depression, emotional breakdowns, and even one or two "Why me's" have escaped my lips. So since everyone wants to see me be mr. positive on m blog and I haven't been really positive at all, I have had a hard time writing anything. I have even lost my apetite which is terrible because I had a great appetite a while ago. But now my stomach is in constant turmoil and I have even lost two more pounds according to them doctors office last week.

So I will try and pull myself out of it and do better. Don't give up on me. I am scheduled to have the drain in my chest taken out still on Monday (it quit working 3 weeks ago) and if all goes well then another round of chemo on Tues. Fun times for all....... Hang on......

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think it is okay and perfectly normal to write about negative feelings! I follow your blog each day. I just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

Wendy said...

Jim,
Did you get the e-mail I sent about Just for today? It is a up-lifter. We love you!

John said...

Hi Jim,

Amen to what Wendy said this morning about having negative thoughts. I'm sorry you have them, but it would be tough not to...

You are amongst friends when you write on your blog. My Stefanie got engaged last night and wrote this on her blog (hope you like it):

"A friend is one to whom you can pour out the contents of your heart, chaff and grain alike. Knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

I hope you know I am your friend. Like all who love you so much, I pray for you every day. Thanks for being willing to open your heart in your time of trial.

Judy said...

Jim - just you be YOU (or in "text-speak" UBU!) We love all sides of you and this Mr. Positive is just one of the many facets of your dynamic personality. Go right ahead and feel and say anything you want on your blog whether it's sunny or not. Chances are you're expressing things that so many of us lack the courage to say or admit ourselves. We love ALL of you!

UBU!!!