Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chemo evening

I have just gotten home from the chemo and so far everything went well. IT was typical. Checked in at IV therapy at the old hospital at 8:45 am and got hooked up to the tubes by 10:00. Then it just dripped in all day. We finished the last bag at 4:00 and Julie brought me home. So uneventful. I didn't get sick or anything while I was there. I do think that I was a little bit more tired than before because I was pretty apprehensive last night and didn't sleep well. I don't think I will have a lot of problem making up the time. If all goes as expected, I will have a lot of up and down days but mostly down. I will try and keep it updated here as best as I can. Thanks for everyone's support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do not miss good old iv thearapy! my first day was alot like yours but my day 2 & 3 were a bit shorter.

stay strong!

Anonymous said...

So, question... What do you do in the meantime while you have an IV dripping fluids into your body for, what, - 6 hours! Wow. I would have gone crazy. That is of course unless they had a TV with a few of my favorite movies or shows. I wouldn't mind a live band either, or a magician.

I gotta hand it to ya. You are quite a trooper.