Monday, September 22, 2008

Follow-up

Sunday (hurting too bad to go to church)

Monday: I went in the afternoon for the CT Scan and it was pretty un-eventful. Dr. Rawson called me that night at 5:30. Just hours after I had the scan and told me he was changing the plan. He told me that they had found “lesions” on my spine, my pelvis, and my lungs and he wanted to do a bunch more x-rays the next day instead of the Bronchoscope. He asked me if I was ok on the breathing because the fluid build-up was even worse than when he noticed it on Friday’s x-rays and asked if I thought I might need to go to the hospital. I told him that I thought I would be ok until tomorrow. Before he hung up, he said “Mr. Cook, I have to tell you, I am concerned about cancer.” I know that doctor’s don’t toss this one out lightly. Unless they are 98% sure, they don’t like to scare you with it so I had a pretty good idea that it would be cancer. Everyone tried to convince me otherwise, but I think it was at this point that I knew. At this point I decided that for this one night I would not say anything to Julie about that because she was worried enough as it was and there was nothing she could do about it until we knew for sure.

No comments: