Sunday, December 21, 2008

Church again

Wow, I am really pushing it now..... I went to church for the first time since the surgery last Oct. Julie sang in a trio and Nicole accompanied on her flute with Justin accompanying on his cello. It was beautiful. They did a great job and I lasted just until they were done singing (halfway through the meeting). Then I went out and sat in the foyer where I could stand up if I needed (I did need several times) and the chairs were much softer. I did real well out there, but by the time I got home, I figured I was done for.... and I was. Slept most of the day and could barely get up to eat dinner. Wow what a weekend. I am so glad cause now I get to get back into the other part of my life now..... test, more tests, chemo, sleep, recover etc.... oh and somewhere in there we are going to squeeze in Christmas and New Years.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out this weekend. It was full of great memories.

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Sounds like you are really living the high life Jim. Thank you SO much for sharing your journey with me. I am learning to appreciate the little things that happen in my life. I am learning that it's okay to take time to appreciate the "little" things.

Judy said...

Howdy, Jim! Glad you could make it to church. Sounds like that incredibly musically gifted family of yours was making the season bright for your ward there. I can imagine that it was very beautiful. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

braver than me! i didn't go to church until a month after i quit doing chemo. like you i hang out in the foyer. i am glad you got to enjoy listening to your family and thier musical talents!

have a great day!

Scott E. said...

Jim,

I've wanted to leave you a message but, quite honestly, haven't known what to say. You had an impact on my life that you may not know. You're a good man and I miss the heck out of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Scott (Booger Eater) ;)

Scott E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Hi Jim!

I still think about our talk last week. It was so uplifting to share our challenges and faith. You're in my thoughts and prayers every day pal. Hang in there with the chemo this week!